Gatwick United is hiring Basketball Coach
Gatwick United Basketball Club is hiring Basketball Coach for our youth and adult teams, happy to work with boys and girls or mens and womens. Enhanced DBS check, Emergency aid made and Safeguarding certified are also an advantage.
Are you passionate about basketball coaching?
- Do you have excellent communication and organisational skills?
- Are you open-minded and want to improve your coaching?
- Do you want to positively impact young people’s lives?
If so, you could be the perfect candidate to join our team and be a part of our new open basketball academy at Gatwick United Basketball Club with classes in Horley and Crawley.
- Coach players in our U7’s-U18’s academy teams.
- Coach players in our adults Mens or Ladies teams.
- Manage academy teams for league matches, cup fixtures, and tournaments.
- Coach training sessions for mixed ability children.
- Lead projects for basketball and sports programmes in primary and secondary schools.
- Coach as part of Academy Camps and holiday courses during school holidays.
The Ideal Candidate
- A proactive approach to coaching and developing young people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Understanding the organisation and its aims.
- Confident in developing strong relationships with coaches, clubs, parents, teachers, schools and striving to grow the Gatwick United Basketball Club.
- Ambitious and proactive in personal development.
- Excellent communication; fluent in both written and verbal English.
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure.
- Able to manage time to an excellent standard.
- Passionate and hardworking.
- Able to demonstrate a history of growing participation in basketball-related programmes.
- Minimum Level 1 Coaching Qualification in Basketball ended or on going.
- Level 2 Coaching Qualification in Basketball represent an advantage.
- Enhanced DBS check.
- Have attended a recognised Safeguarding and Protecting Children.
- Have attended a recognised Emergency 1st Aid course within 2 years of the course start date, or on going.
- Experience in coaching represent an advantage.
Weekly hours vary, depending on time of the year. 26 days holiday including bank holidays.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
- Bonus scheme
- Casual dress
- Education reimbursement
- Subsidised commuter solution
Job Types: Part-time, Contract.
Salary: £10 to £15 /hour, based on experience and results
- Basketball Coaching: 0-3 years (Required)
- Level 1 Coaching Qualification in Basketball (Minimum)
- Level 2 Coaching Qualification in Basketball (Preferred)
Gatwick United Basketball Club